Welcome to Jane Akshar’s page
I first got interested in Egyptology when I was 9, thanks to my lovely grandmother and it has been a thread through my life ever since. My first visit to Egypt was in 1979 and I moved to Luxor in 2003.
Tourism is very quiet in Luxor so I have gone back to my original career, IT development and I develop UK quality websites at Egyptian rates!
There is only one Jane Akshar so yes I plead guilty to all of these
- Chairman of PCG (Professional Contractors Group) with loads of TV and media appearances
- Ex-cult member whose late husband Ayman Akshar campaigned against ICOC
- IT professional for over 20 years in banking and insurance sector
- Married to Colin (divorced) Ayman(died) and Mahmoud(survived), mother of Amira
- Egyptologist and writer, studied at Manchester Uni
- Owner of 27 flats and 5 villas in Luxor Egypt which are rented to tourists/archaeologists for holidays and business under the Flats in Luxor brand
- Born in the UK and living in Egypt with a South African grandfather
- Became a granny to Mohammed Jude Alkorabi. on 24th August 2014