Let’s build a website!
So you want to have a website, what are your first steps.
- What is the purpose of your website? To sell, inform, educate, promote? What is the product? What is the next step you want visitors to your website to do?
- Get a domain and hosting, I recommend clients do this themselves
- Choose a domain name. Although this an old blog post it is still very relevant. https://moz.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-domain-name
- Choose a hosting company? Do some research on the company you select? Google ‘problems with XXXXXX’ to get an idea about them. I recommend Siteground and I have an affiliate link so please use that if you buy. The reason I recommend them is this survey http://www.codeinwp.com/blog/wordpress-hosting-survey-results/ impressive isnt it. My own personal experience with them is very positive as well
- Buy your hosting and the domain. You will get a cpanel username and password. This will be needed to install WordPress which you can either do yourself or let me do.
- Get the WordPress username and password and give that to me
- Give me your text and pictures
- Think about your content. How many pages do you need, what menu structure do you want. Write your content, get it copy edited either professionally or by a friend
- Images, remember a picture paints a thousand words
- If you have a preference for a theme let me know or I can suggest one
- Answer all the above questions and send the answers to me, then sit back and let me do the work