Let’s build a website!
So you want to have a website, what are your first steps.
- What is the purpose of your website? To sell, inform, educate, promote? What is the product? What is the next step you want visitors to your website to do?
- Get a domain and hosting, I recommend clients do this themselves
- Choose a domain name. Although this an old blog post it is still very relevant. https://moz.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-domain-name
- Choose a hosting company? Do some research on the company you select? Google ‘problems with XXXXXX’ to get an idea about them. I recommend Siteground and I have an affiliate link so please use that if you buy. The reason I recommend them is this survey http://www.codeinwp.com/blog/wordpress-hosting-survey-results/ impressive isnt it. My own personal experience with them is very positive as well
- Buy your hosting and the domain. You will get a cpanel username and password. This will be needed to install WordPress which you can either do yourself or let me do.
- Get the WordPress username and password and give that to me
- Give me your text and pictures
- Think about your content. How many pages do you need, what menu structure do you want. Write your content, get it copy edited either professionally or by a friend
Remember to keep your words client focussed. What I mean is don’t talk about you but about them. “do you have this problem” where problem is the thing they will search on. Then give the solution. Then say why you are qualified to give the solution.
- Images, remember a picture paints a thousand words
- If you have a preference for a theme let me know or I can suggest one
- Answer all the above questions and send the answers to me, then sit back and let me do the work